It is now almost 2 weeks before we reach the nomination deadline for the 2022 VinFuture Prize on May 17.
To date, more than 2,500 prominent individuals and organizations worldwide have accepted our invitation to serve as nominators for the Prizes. The online nomination portal has received over 700 draft nomination forms plus over 57 submitted nominations. Over the past weeks, we have actively engaged with the nominators through different media: Via the webinars with the nominators with the participation of the members of the Prize Council, the Pre-Screening Committee, and inaugural laureates, ePanel event, 1 on 1 calls with nominators, newsletters and emails. It is exciting to receive great interest in, and attention to, the Prize from the community.
This is the second edition of the 2022 VinFuture Prize Newsletter with updates regarding the nomination progress and insights into VinFuture’s activities as below:
- The story of The Karims is introduced to prove that science has no boundaries and scientific breakthroughs can originate from anywhere in the world.
- Announcement of the three new members of the Prize Council and the Pre-Screening Committee: Prof. Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Prof. Daniel M. Kammen and Prof. Ermias Kebreab. It is a great pleasure to have globally renowned experts from around the world join hands with VinFuture in an effort to create meaningful changes for the everyday lives of people around the world.
- This is followed by more details about the Prize categories and role of nominators.
- Latest updates of nomination statistics are also provided.
- Highlights of the Q&A sessions are summarized for our nominators’ convenience in submitting nominations.
- The recap of the most important event in April – the VinFuture X Keystone Symposia ePanel
Please find the Newsletter as below: