Semiconductors, indispensable in many industries, are essential for advances in computing, telecommunications, home appliances, banking, security, healthcare, transportation (especially electric vehicles), manufacturing, solutions intelligence, and many other fields. Advances in the fields of artificial intelligence, 5G telecommunications, supercomputers and self-driving cars all rely on the increasingly strong development of semiconductor devices. This forum will share the latest information and technology of semiconductors globally, and provide guidance to help developing countries including Vietnam, develop a suitable strategy for the semiconductor industry in the context of international integration.
Six distinguished speakers who are prominent figures in their disciplines will present on the topic at this symposium. Professor Sir Richard Henry Friend, the University of Cambridge’s Cavendish Professor of Physics, will preside over the symposium. He is the director of the Maxwell Center and the Winton Programme for the Physics of Sustainability. In addition, he serves as Chair of the VinFuture Prize Council.
Renowned specialists who are following Professor Friend’s lead at the symposium include:
- Professor Teck-Seng Low, Senior Vice President (Sustainability and Resilience) at the National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Professor Thuc-Quyen Nguyen, Director and Professor at the Center for Polymers and Organic Solids (CPOS), and a professor of the Chemistry & Biochemistry department at the University of California, Santa Barbara (USA). She is also the Co-chair of the VinFuture Prize Pre-Screening Committee
- Professor Albert P. Pisano, Dean of the Jacobs School of Engineering at the University of California San Diego (USA)
- Dr. Sadasivan Shankar, Research Technology Manager at SLAC National Laboratory and Adjunct Professor in Stanford Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University (USA)
- Professor Vivian Yam, Philip Wong Wilson Wong Professor in Chemistry and Energy and Chair Professor of Chemistry at The University of Hong Kong (PRC)
For additional information and registration details for the presentations, interested participants are invited to reach out to: email@example.com