Among the VinFuture Prize’s most important missions are disseminating scientific and technological knowledge to the public, and connecting generations of young scientists, inventors, and entrepreneurs with globally established inventors for potential partnerships. To realize these missions, we are planning to organize a series of sci-tech sharing webinars based on meaningful innovations.
In the inaugural webinar on high-tech agriculture, we are pleased to invite you to meet Dr. James Murray from the University of California, Davis with his innovation on Transgenic Livestock for use in Agriculture in Animal Biotechnology. Please find below the details of the webinar:
- Date & time: June 29, 2022, 11:30 am Vietnam time (ICT), which corresponds to 6:30 am in Berlin, 2:30 pm in Sydney and 9:30 pm on June 28 in California (PDT)
- Chair: Ermias Kebreab – Member of VinFuture Prize Pre-Screening Committee – Associate Dean of the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences and Director of the World Food Center, as well as Professor and Sesnon Endowed Chair of the University of California, Davis. He has conducted extensive research in developing strategies for using feed additives to reduce methane emissions from livestock and has authored more than 200 peer-reviewed publications.
- Speaker: James Murray – Former Chair of the UC Davis’ Animal Science Department and Professor in the School of Veterinary Medicine. He founded the biannual Transgenic Animal Research Conference, an international meeting dedicated to the production and use of transgenic and gene-edited livestock, poultry, and fish. He is a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the American Dairy Science Association. Professor James Murray has successfully introduced the human gene into the goat genome to produce higher levels of lysozyme in goats’ milk. The milk produced by these transgenic goats could one day be used to help prevent deadly diarrhea in weaned children of the developing world.
- Location: via Zoom (the webinar link will be provided after your attendance confirmation at the registration link)
- Audience: scientists, inventors, and entrepreneurs in science and technology across the world
- The language used in the webinar is English, and Vietnamese translation will be provided.
Each webinar will be followed by a Q&A session, during which you are very much encouraged to make questions directly to the Keynote Speaker and the Chair, to open potential partnerships between you and these leading innovators. The VinFuture Prize Team is pleased to assist you should you plan to propose any project for cooperation with the leading innovators after the webinar.
Please rewatch our webinar at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq2EBaOtVRo