Date and Time: 19.12.2022| 2:00 PM – 3:45 PM
Location: via Zoom
Topic: Precision Cancer Therapy
World medicine has been making significant progress in the research and application of precision therapy in cancer treatment, bringing remarkable improvements in clinical treatment for patients. Therefore, to prevent the rise of cancer and improve patient health globally, we need to promote research and development (R&D) of new therapies, have appropriate policies to expand the application potential, and increase the patient’s access to these therapies, especially in developing countries like Vietnam. Within the VinFuture Prize 2022 – Award Ceremony Week, the ‘Science for Life’ Symposium session 3: Precision Cancer Therapy brings up the advanced research – applications and development potentials of cell therapy and gene therapy for precise and personalized treatment of cancer, one of the most common global diseases, rapidly growing and rejuvenation, causing significant losses to society and threatening global health. Also, this session is expected to urge the stakeholders to take action for improvements in cancer prevention and treatment.
Professor Molly Shoichet – Member of the VinFuture Prize Pre-Screening Committee, Michael E Charles Professor in Chemical Engineering at the University of Toronto, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Tissue Engineering (2001-2020).
- Professor Je-Jung Lee, M.D. – Chonnam National University Medical School, Director of Research Center for Cancer Immunotherapy, Chonnam National University, Hwasun Hospital; CEO of VaxCell Biotherapeutics, and Chair of Cell Therapy – Immunotherapy Board, The Korean Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
- Professor Bruce Levine – Barbara and Edward Netter Professor in Cancer Gene Therapy, Founding Director of the Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility (CVPF), Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Abramson Cancer Center, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, US.
- Professor Mark S. Cohen, M.D., FSSO, FACS – Dean of the Carle Illinois College of Medicine at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), US, Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Carle Health.
- Dr. Tri Le Phuong – Chief Medical Officer of AstraZeneca Vietnam, looking after medical affairs, regulatory affairs, and quality management. He had served as regional medical lead for inflammatory and infectious diseases, Asia area medical council lead, and global leader in quality management and medical standard for oncology.
- Professor Ha Van Vu – Member of VinFuture Prize Council, Percey F. Smith Professor of Mathematics and Professor of Data Science at Yale University, US; Scientific Director of VinBigdata Institute.
Please rewatch the symposium at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x7vwsgNLGk
The “Science for Life” Symposium assembles and connects the Vietnamese sci-tech community with local and international top scientists, policymakers, entrepreneurs. The symposium will have three consecutive 90-minute panels, each focusing on one of the following critical issues for the world: sustainable agriculture in the new normal, advanced materials for future energy storage, and personalized therapy in cancer treatment. The panel on each of these topics will focus on the pressing global issues, the practical solutions, and predictions of key changes in people’s lives through the contributions of science and technology.